1. About Us.
The Site is provided by Brian Huxley (“we/us”).
Any personal data which you may provide us through the Site will be confidential and be will not passed on to any third party.
3. Use of the Site.
- You may access the Site solely for your own personal use. You must not use any content of the Site for any commercial or illegal purpose.
- By submitting any material to us (‘Material’) you acknowledge that we may copy, modify, distribute or create a derivative work from the Material in any manner that we shall determine. You will indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the Material.
- We reserve the right to charge you to access certain information on the Site. We will inform you where a charge will be incurred by you for accessing certain services or information.
- You must not cause any nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience to us, our customers or our users of the Site.
- You must not submit any Material which is defamatory, offensive, menacing or obscene to the Site or which in our Judgment may cause nuisance, annoyance, damage or offence, inconvenience to us or any other person or which is illegal. We may remove such material from the site at any time without notice to, or consent by, you.
- We reserve the right to suspend the Site at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. We may terminate your use of the Site with immediate effect if you breach any of these Terms.
4. Dealings with Third Parties.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other web sites or resources, and promotions of advertisers and merchants. As we have no control over such sites and third party resources, you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or third party resources, do not endorse and are not liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or third party resources. Any dealings by you with any third party on or through the Site shall be solely between you and that third party and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from any such dealings, nor shall we be deemed to be acting as an agent for you in any such dealings.
5. Intellectual Property Rights.
The Site and its content are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright and trade marks, as detailed in our Copyright and Trade Mark Notice. Except as expressly authorised by us or relevant third parties, you agree not to copy, download, adapt, alter, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works of any content of the Site, in whole or in part.
Your use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we do not guarantee that the Site will be suitable for your purposes or requirements. If your PC does not support relevant technology including encryption, you may not be able to use certain services or access certain information on the Site. The Site is accessed via the World Wide Web which is independent of us. Your use of the World Wide Web is solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable national and international laws and regulations. We shall have no responsibility for all information or service obtained by you on the World Wide Web. The content of the Site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice. We use reasonable care in compiling and presenting the content of the Site, but we give no guarantee that the content is complete, accurate, error or virus free or up to date. So far as permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, whether express or implied, whether in contract, tort (including liability for negligence) or otherwise, including, but not limited to any implied term of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and any standard of reasonable care and skill.
7. Limitation of Liability.
So far as permitted by law, and except in respect of death or personal injury arising from negligence, we exclude any liability for loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of the Site (including the reliance upon any information contained on it).
8. General Information.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us. Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by the laws of England and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute. We reserve the right to vary the Terms from time to time, such variations becoming effective immediately upon posting to the Site and by continuing to use it, you will be deemed to accept any such variations.
9. Copyright and trade mark notice.
All information on this Site is © Copyright Brian Huxley 2018, or its subsidiaries or, where applicable, independent content providers and third parties. All rights reserved.
10. Mobile Sports Therapy, Massage and Hypnotherapy (home visits).
- I am a fully trained professional Sports Therapist and Hypnotherapist.
- I provide only professional, health and wellbeing-focused therapy. Adult services are NOT provided.
- Please address your massage therapist the way you would a health-care professional.
- I reserve the right to change prices and services without notice.
Bookings and payments
To secure your appointment, all bookings must be paid in full at time of booking or at your home/place of work.
Cancellations & changes to your appointment
- We require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
- Any no shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice are NOT eligible for a refund and will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be communicated by telephone.
If your therapist is delayed
- Your therapist will generally arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This is in order to set up their equipment to ensure your massage commences on time.
- We attempt to allow for enough time for your therapist to travel to you from their previous booking. However, circumstances out of our control might occur which may result in your therapist arriving late.
- In the event that your therapist is held up you will be advised by telephone, and we will endeavour to ensure the length of your massage will not change.
If you are running late
- Please let us know by telephone as soon as possible if you are running late or are not ready to commence your massage at the arranged time. We will try to accommodate you as best as possible.
- Please note that due to scheduling constraints, your therapist may still have to conclude your massage at the scheduled finish time.
- In the event that your therapist arrives at the designated property and there is no-one home, they will stay until 10 minutes past the scheduled start time of your massage. If you have not arrived within this time frame, and not notified us, then it is considered a no-show and you will incur a 50% cancelation fee.
- Underwear must be worn at all times, throughout the duration of the massage.
- Your therapist has the right to cancel the massage and leave the premises immediately if there is any harassment either physical, sexual or verbal. This could result in a police report being filed if the charges are deemed to be of a serious nature.
- Your therapist may use towel draping to respect your privacy during your massage. The therapist will only uncover that the part of your body that they are working on at that time.
- If for any reason you are uncomfortable or need specific attention at any point during your treatment, please notify your therapist immediately.
- If you prefer more or less pressure during your massage, or if you need a glass of water, a tissue or would like to change the style of massage during your treatment, it’s important that you inform your therapist immediately and they will do their best to accommodate your request.
11. Workshop Booking Conditions.
We are intending to have a wonderful time with you on all our workshops. In the interest of clarity here are our terms and conditions.
In the unlikely event that a workshop is cancelled by Brian Huxley, monies paid by the student will be refunded or a place on a similar workshop offered. No compensation will be paid for any other expenses or loss of earnings that the student has incurred.
Brian Huxley cannot guarantee that the same workshop will run again.
All workshop notes/files/handouts are the intellectual property of Brian Huxley, and must not be copied without permission being obtained.
All personal information given to Brian Huxley is kept in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and Brian Huxley does not give or sell personal information to third parties.
Brian Huxley may change details of a workshop, such as venues, tutors, times, without advance notice.
Brian Huxley reserves the right to ask a student to leave a course or workshop without recompense.
- Workshops must be booked and paid for in advance.
- Please understand that once a place has been allocated for you, your booking will count towards our minimum numbers for the workshop and may cause us to turn others away. In the event that you do need to cancel, we would appreciate a minimum of 14 days notice by letter so that your place can be offered to somebody else.
- We regret that no refunds are possible within 14 days of the workshop.
If the student decides not to attend the workshop for any reason, the fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The exception to this is where a medical certificate is provided; in which case the student can transfer their place on the course/workshop once and within one year.
If the student decides not to attend the course or workshop for any reason, and has only made partial payment of the course fee, the student will still be liable for the remainder of the course fee and it will need to be paid in full.
The student is liable for any reasonable charges or costs incurred by Brian Huxley if any cheque provided by the student is dishonored or if any standing order made by the student is withdrawn.
When you sign up for a workshop, and by ticking you agree to our terms and conditions in full you agree to adhere to this request below with regard to letting us know about any health issues you may have.
Important – We put the tutors and your safety and comfort first at all times and as with any treatments there are contra-indications to consider which MAY affect you attending / your involvement/participation on the workshop. This also applies for all the other students on the workshop – the person or paying friend you will be pairing up with to practice. If you have any concerns we are happy to cover these before the workshop.
By booking with us you agree to confirm by email to your tutor if you are under treatment from your GP and other practitioners for any of the following:
Pregnancy – Are you within the first three months? Cancer, HIV and AIDS, Epilepsy, HBP or heart conditions, Infectious skin disorders like chicken pox, Contagious illness, Diabetes (if skin is very thin bruising may occur), Paralysis or loss of sensation.
Recent surgery – You may need a letter from your GP stating that it is safe/appropriate for you to give and receive a massage treatment on the workshop. Care should also be taken if you are suffering from the following during the day of the workshop. Again this may affect your participation on the workshop:
Local Psoriasis or Eczema – open sores or infections to the skin or ears, cold sores, High temperature or fever, drunk or under the influence of other drugs, local pain such as toothache, sunburnt, hypersensitive or broken skin, acute inflammation or swelling, severe acne, procedures such as Botox in the previous three weeks, Conjunctivitis
You will be given a health waiver to sign on the day of your course which will ask you to state that – You are in good physical condition and fully able to participate in the course and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional and that you certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude your participation at the training workshop. If for any reason you refuse to sign this on the day you will not be allowed to attend and train with us and you will waive the right to a refund of your course for all monies paid including the deposit.