What is Sports Therapy?*
Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the client back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. It utilises the principles of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare the participant for training, competition and where applicable, work.
What is a Sports Therapist?*A Sports Therapist is a practitioner who:
- Has the knowledge and ability to provide first aid and attend to injuries in a recreational, training and competitive environment.
- Has the knowledge and ability to assess and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Has the knowledge and ability to provide sports massage pre and post activity.
- Has the knowledge and ability to implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes.
- Has the knowledge to utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes.
What is Advanced Sports Therapy?
Advanced Sports Therapy includes all of the above modalities, plus:
- Advanced Remedial Massage Techniques
- Advanced Myofascial Release
“As an Advanced Sports Therapist I use all the above principles and techniques to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions, safely and effectively”